At HyCom, it is important for us to ensure sustainable development through our production and working methods. We continuously collaborate with our customers and suppliers to maintain machinery and equipment for as long as possible. We are always working to use as few resources as possible while maintaining production, quality, and health, safety, and environment (HSE).
- All disposable cutlery, cups, and plastic plates are being phased out. All disposable cups and plates are reduced.
- Minimize residual waste.
- We have our own environmental station with a container for hazardous waste. Aiming for zero deviations in source sorting, we set high standards for ourselves as a company and employees regarding knowledge in waste sorting.
Reuse or Repurpose
- We promote the benefits of regular service intervals for customer’s machinery and equipment. This is to maintain the product even longer and to postpone new purchases.
- We do not buy packaging and pallets but focus on reusing what comes to us from suppliers.
- Reuse of rags that are not contaminated.
- HyCom washes all workwear itself, avoiding unnecessary transport costs.
- Submission of steel in various qualities for recycling.
Using Renewable Energy and Energy Saving in Production and Transport.
- HyCom uses only electricity (hydropower for heating).
- By 2027, HyCom aims for 30% of work vehicles to be electric.
- Installed heat pumps and raising awareness among employees about keeping doors and gates closed during low outdoor temperatures.